Attending the conference was very productive and a lot of fun. However, it was also a very intense couple of days, and I will be digesting and processing my experiences for quite a while. I will be doing several posts detailing my experiences and what I learned, but here are some of the highlights.
- We were given very detailed and updated information on how to use video for analysis.
- We were also give much more detailed information on falling, and when a runner actually begins falling, as well as falling on hills.
- I was introduced to Pose swimming, Pose biking, and Pose weight lifting
- I got a chance to meet a lot of other coaches and make connections. Some of the coaches I've met before, some I've corresponded with previously, and some of them I was meeting for the first time. All of them were great people.
- I may be starting a new project with Coach Lynn McFadden, which I'm very excited about.
- Spending time with Dr. Romanov! His level of knowledge just leaves me in awe.
- I was asked to give an impromptu presentation largely based on largely on my blog post Pose Theory - Three Primary Points of Confusion. Which was well received.
My only disappointment is that Dr. Romanov saw me doing a kettlebell snatch, and showed me that the technique I learned was not efficient. DAMN IT! Months of training to prefect my kettlebell snatch technique crushed with one comment. Oh well, back to the drawing board.